Itawamba AHS Announcement Sheet
Friday, March 24, 2017
Weekly Athletic Events:
Archery - will compete at Smithville Monday and at Amory Thursday. Full Schedule and Times
Baseball - 9th grade will host Tupelo Monday, Varsity/JV will play at Pontotoc Tuesday, 9th grade at Tupelo Thursday, Varsity/JV will host Pontotoc Friday and Varsity/JV will travel to Mantachie Saturday. Full Schedule and Times
Golf - Full Schedule and Times
Fastpitch - will host Tish County Tuesday, Thursday at Tremont and Saturday they will be in the Itawamba County Tournament at Mantachie. Full Schedule and Times
Tennis - will play Monday against Mooreville at Joyner in Tupelo. Full Schedule and Times
Please come out and support the teams and coaches!
JUNIORS: interested in Pharmacy - Ole Miss Summer College June 29 - July 28. Visit www.outreach.olemiss.edu/schs for more info.
SENIORS: HELP grant application due March 31st. More details here: http://riseupms.com/state-aid/help/
Requirements for the HELP Grant:
• Be a legal resident of the State of Mississippi
• Be within one year of high school graduation (current college freshman)
• Have scored a minimum of a 20 on the National ACT
• Have a minimum of a 2.50 cumulative college grade point average
• Have completed a specific high school core curriculum.
• Attend an approved postsecondary institution in Mississippi
• Meet income limitations
• Demonstrate need by completing the FAFSA
• Tuition and required fees at a public institution
• Participants attending a private institution will receive an award amount equal to the award of a student attending the nearest comparable public institution.
• Max 8 semesters (12 trimesters) or bachelor’s degree completion, whichever comes first
JUNIOR BOYS: If you are interested in attending Boys' State May 28-June 3 see Mrs. Collier for an application.
Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation Youth Camp
June 4-8 at Hinds Community College
Participants must be students entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grades in the fall of 2017
Scholarship opportunities available
Applications and more information in Mrs. Collier’s office
Deadline April 10th
Itawamba County Soil and Water Conservation District
Poster and Essay Contest
Information available in Mrs. Collier’s office
Deadline April 21st
New scholarships have been added to the scholarship page. See below.
Share your personal images with the yearbook staff to possibly use in the yearbook!! Image Share
From the Counselors' Corner - See Mrs. Collier or Mrs. Wilemon if interested: