Back to School Forms
IAHS Exemption Policy
The Itawamba County School District will exempt students at the end of the first and second semester grading periods as follows:
For Students in Grades 9-12
1. A student with an A average and no more than 4 excused absences per semester from a class will be exempt from taking end of semester exams for that course/class.
2. A student with a B average and no more than 2 excused absences per semester from a class will be exempt from taking end of semester exams for that course/class.
3. A student with a C average and PERFECT ATTENDANCE (Perfect attendance is defined as being present 100% of the time that school is in session while the student is enrolled in the district. Any tardy, absence or early dismissal makes the student ineligible for exemptions unless meeting requirement #1 or #2 above) will be exempt from taking end of semester exams for that course/class.
For All Students
1. Students who have an out of school suspension or an assignment to the Itawamba County Improvement Center for disciplinary reasons will forfeit all exemption privileges for the semester in which the OSS for ICIC assignment occurred.
2. Any student who owes fees, fines or cafeteria monies will not be exempt from exams until all balances are paid in full.
3. Exempted students may elect to take the exam to improve their grade point average in a class, however, their exam grade cannot lower their grade point average.
5. Three (3) tardies or early check-outs equal one unexcused absence.
6. Any student who has an unexcused absence in a semester will not be exempt from exams during that semester